Well, December is winding down, and since the world didn’t end on 12/12/12, I find myself scrambling for alternate plans. Fortunately, I’ve come up with a few ideas on how to fill my next year.
1. Write a book- or finish one.
2. Sing more- without a song the day would never end.
3. Smile at every person I come in contact with- who knows whether it just might lift a heavy heart?
4. Pray for someone I know is hurting, whose days are one long struggle to get through.
5. Thank God that it isn’t my turn.
6. Look at each day as a new opportunity to get it right.
7. Be more diligent to stay in touch with loved ones near and far.
8. Go to the movies with my sister every once in a while. It wouldn’t hurt me to do something I don’t like when I know it means so much to her.
9. Don’t fritter my time away- ’nuff said.
10. Be more aware of the beauty of creation. Get out and enjoy it firsthand.
As December comes to a close, I pray the New Year brings joys unexpected, dreams fulfilled, and fears quieted, and may God bless us every one.